Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make CheckRequiredParameterValues() depend upon correct
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escribió:
> > Hmm, AFAICS the problem with controldata is that it uses postgres_fe.h
> > instead of postgres.h.  It's a bit of a stretch to use the latter, but
> > maybe that's a better solution?  After all, it *is* poking into the
> > backend internals.
>
> I seem to recall that Solaris had problems with that due to dtrace
> support or something?

Hmm, I wonder if you're referring to the fact that Zdenek wanted to
restructure the headers for something?  I don't know if this was because
of compiler issues or the binary migration tool he was working on.

> However, we are doing it in pg_resetxlog, so I suppose it's ok for
> pg_controldata as well.

I hadn't noticed that, but yes.