could not open process token: error code 5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

Hi

We have an Postgresql 8.2.5 installation on a Windows server 2003 that have
worked perfectly for our Mediawiki until we tried to update to 8.4. Before
the update we took a backup, stopped the service and took a copy of the
entire database catalog. We could not make the 8.4 (installed in a different
directory) work so we decided to go back to the initial installation which
remained intact.

Then when we try to start the service it fails and we get the message "could
not open process token: error code 5" in the event viewer, nothing else. Now
after googling for some hours and days I am stuck. the Postgres user are to
start the service and so nothing is changed there either. Even though the
database files were not changed, we have also copied the entire original
database back. The installation has been done with the
"postgresql-8.2-int.msi" package and it has been reapplied with the
following command, "msiexec /i postgresql-8.2-int.msi REINSTALLMODE=vamus
REINSTALL=ALL /"

Still no progress.

What to do?

/Anders