Re: Re: Segmentation fault in pg_dumpall from master down to 9.1 and other bug introduced by RLS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: Segmentation fault in pg_dumpall from master down to 9.1 and other bug introduced by RLS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
>> I'd agree for a new design, but I see too little to gain from changing it now.
>> Today's behavior is fine.

> To clarify- you mean with the changes described- using usesuper for
> rolreplication and rolbypassrls instead of 'false' when dumping from
> older versions, correct?

I think Noah is arguing for leaving the pg_dumpall queries as they
stand.  I disagree, but he's entitled to his opinion.

> Note for all- rolreplication goes back to 9.1.  Are we thinking that
> change should be backpatched?

I would say it's not really worth back-patching.