Re: tests for client programs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tests for client programs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 03:08 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
>> As an additional issue it currently doesn't seem to work in VPATH
>> builds. That's imo a must fix.
>> A "cd $(srcdir) && .." in prove_installcheck and prove_check seems to do
>> the trick.

> Here is my proposed patch for this.

BTW, my Salesforce colleagues were complaining to me that this stuff
doesn't work at all on older Perl versions; apparently IPC::Run has
changed significantly since Perl 5.8 or so.  Can we do anything about
that?

They were also not too happy that the checks get skipped if IPC::Run isn't
installed (as it is not on stock RHEL, for instance).  It'd be better if
we could avoid depending on stuff that isn't in a pretty-vanilla Perl
installation.