Re: log rotatoin doc updates - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: log rotatoin doc updates
Date
Re: log rotatoin doc updates  (James William Pye <flaw@rhid.com>)
List pgsql-patches
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> This patch updates log rotation documentation:

Applied, except for

>     + Removed false statement that log_filename can only be changed on restart
> (it is reloadable via sighup);

The statement was correct as given so I didn't remove it.  (If you think
it should mention that SIGHUP works, there are several dozen other uses
of the identical wording to describe SIGHUP variables ...)

>     + Added a couple of examples;

I moved these down a little, since it didn't seem to make sense to
provide an example before all the relevant variables had been discussed.

I'm not sure about the markup here; it might be better to break out of
the <variablelist> and format the examples as independent paragraphs.
Comments anyone?

            regards, tom lane