Re: Postgresql 7 does not always start on RH 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgresql 7 does not always start on RH 6.2
Date
List pgsql-general
"Warren Flemmer" <warren@netlab.co.za> writes:
> But, I have one problem. On RedHat 6.2 I can not get postgresql 7 to always
> start. When booting I always get "Looks Good!" but I do not always get the
> PID (if not I get failed).

Hm.  The postmaster should report some kind of complaint if it doesn't
start.  Make sure that the postmaster isn't being started with a -S
switch, and that its stdout and stderr are redirected into a logfile
someplace.  Then look in the logfile after a startup failure, and let
us know what you find.

            regards, tom lane