Postgresql 7 does not always start on RH 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Warren Flemmer
Subject Postgresql 7 does not always start on RH 6.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings

To start, thanks to all concerned for PostgreSQL. I have been impressed.

But, I have one problem. On RedHat 6.2 I can not get postgresql 7 to always
start. When booting I always get "Looks Good!" but I do not always get the
PID (if not I get failed). I can reboot ten times and probably 5 of the 10
times postgresql does not start and the other times it starts fine. I can
find not reason for it not starting. I have tried changing the value in the
run level between 15  to 95 with the same results. In the postgresql script
in /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql I found a sleep statement that I have tried
increasing to 20 seconds with the same results. When postgresql does not
start it will start manually without any problem or if I change the
run-level to 5 or 3 it starts. I have been looking at this problem for a few
days now and I seem to closer to a solution.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards
Warren