Re: TODO questions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: TODO questions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 10:03:28PM -0700, Ron Mayer wrote:
>> The most unambiguous behavior would be to not have
>> commented out values in the config file at all.

> That only makes sense if you also remove the concept of default values;
> something I don't think we want to do.

Well, the hardwired default values are really only there to ensure
sanity if the config file fails to provide values.  We already have to
make sure that the hardwired defaults match what it says in
postgresql.conf.sample, if only for documentation reasons.  So I'm
not seeing a strong argument here.