Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Suppress some NOTICE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Suppress some NOTICE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Both createuser and vacuumdb provide the same feedback as the
>> corresponding SQL commands.
>>
>> The more I think about it, the patch that just went in is an outright
>> mistake.

> Well, we had a lot of discussion when this patch was posted, and seveal
> people liked it.  I need someone else to say they want it reverted.

I agree with Peter: that patch is a quick hack not a considered solution.

As for "several people said they liked it", where?  I don't see even
one followup to
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2006-06/msg00049.php