Re: bdr replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Slava Bendersky
Subject Re: bdr replication
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Alvaro,
We running BDR where each PostgreSQL vm is a master and shared storage only on hypervisor level.  All vm leave with own virtual disk.  Right now we have 2 server for redundancy  which have shared network between them. Issue that BDR is working right now see log below. And my question how to restore BDR replication correctly.

volga629

From: "Alvaro Aguayo Garcia-Rada" <aaguayo@opensysperu.com>
To: "volga629" <volga629@skillsearch.ca>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>, "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com>
Sent: Thursday, 31 March, 2016 02:19:42
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] bdr replication

What's the purpose of such configuration? Doesn't makes sense for me. The only reasonable case where you would want to put the data folder on a shared storage is for usage with warm standby, where you can have a secondary server which serves as a read-only replica, and can be rpomoted to master on master failure.

If you intend high availability, you'd rather try it at VM level, like vmware HA or Proxmox HA. That will make your VM run on any hypervisor in the group disregarding the failure of some node.

Regards,

Alvaro Aguayo
Jefe de Operaciones
Open Comb Systems E.I.R.L.

Oficina: (+51-1) 3377813 | RPM: #034252 / (+51) 995540103  | RPC: (+51) 954183248
Website: www.ocs.pe