Re: [CORE] Egad, what a lot of spammage - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [CORE] Egad, what a lot of spammage
Date
List pgsql-www
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Without the gateway, we'd end up with two separate on-line communities
>> for Postgres.  Doesn't sound like a good idea.

> I doubt that there is a significant number of users on usenet for
> PostgreSQL.

You're very mistaken, sir.  I know because I routinely get email from
people who are using usenet to read the lists.  (I can tell because
instead of a cc: to the list, there's a Newsgroup: header.  It's fairly
obvious to me because when I reply, I find I have to create a cc:
manually.)  One example of a fairly well-known contributor who does it
that way is the guy who posts as Andrew @ Supernews ... you want to cut
him off?
        regards, tom lane