Re: 8.2.6 > 8.3 blows up - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.2.6 > 8.3 blows up
Date
List pgsql-general
Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
> It looks like the problem had to do with the tsearch2 module that I have
> in use in a number of my databases, and which had propagated into
> template1, which meant that new creates had it in there.

The old tsearch2 module isn't at all compatible with 8.3.  I'd suggest
removing it from the 8.2 source databases where possible, ie wherever
you're not actually using it.  Where you are using it, the cure is to
install the 8.3 version of contrib/tsearch2 into the target database
*before* restoring.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch-migration.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/tsearch2.html

            regards, tom lane