Re: minimum perl version - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: minimum perl version
Date
List pgsql-hackers
John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 6:47 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I've just switched longfin to use built-from-source perl 5.14.0.

> In that case, here is a quick update with commit message. Not yet any
> change for MSVC, but I can put together something later.

Looks reasonable just by eyeball, did not test.

> Since we're much less willing to support older Windows and Visual
> Studio versions, maybe it's low-enough risk defer the check to the
> Meson conversion? I understand our MSVC process will then go away much
> more quickly than autoconf...

Agreed --- the MSVC scripts are on a pretty short leash now.
Not clear it's worth fixing them for this point.  If we've
failed to get rid of them by the time v16 release approaches,
maybe it'd be worth doing something then.