Re: Books for PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Jury
Subject Re: Books for PostgreSQL?
Date
Re: Books for PostgreSQL?  (Robby Russell <rrussell@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
The only problem with 'Practical PostgreSQL' is that it is rather out of
date.

It covers PostgreSQL up to 7.1. There have been a lot of advances since then
some that really need covering. (Functions returning record sets immediately
springs to mind.)

On the whole it is a good book, apart from the chapter of advertising. (The
one on LXP, if its not included out of the box then why put it in the book?
A chapter is way to much IMHO...)

Wait until the 2nd edition that should cover 7.3 or 7.4.

-Ben.