Re: transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: transactions
Date
List pgsql-general
"scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, luc neulens wrote:
>> does any one know since when postgres supports transactions?

> For as long as I've been using it (since 6.5.x) and way before that I
> believe.

There is certainly transaction support in Postgres 4.2, the last
Berkeley release before Yu and Chen converted it from PostQUEL to
SQL language.  I don't have any older versions to look at, but I
would assume that it was designed into Postgres from the beginning
(~ 1986).  There's a short project history in the docs:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/history.html

            regards, tom lane