Bogus duplicate-message complaints from PG mail lists - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Bogus duplicate-message complaints from PG mail lists
Date
Re: Bogus duplicate-message complaints from PG mail lists  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
List pgsql-www
Several times over the past couple of days, I have gotten complaints
like the one attached about duplicate message IDs.  I can see from my
sendmail daemon's log that I sent only one copy of this, and the
complaint is dated about twenty minutes after the fact, so I'm pretty
sure the duplicate is not of my making.

Usually when I get this type of thing I can tell from the Received:
lines that it's the fault of some list subscriber's MUA re-submitting
a message to the lists.  But the Received: lines in this example and
the last couple don't show that the message has gone anywhere outside
postgresql.org.  So I'm thinking it's a recently-introduced glitch in
the mail list server arrangements.

            regards, tom lane