Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] plpgsql error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] plpgsql error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
>     I've  just  committed  a  little  change  to  initdb and it's
>     Makefile. The initdb Makefile now expands  __DLSUFFIX__  into
>     it  and  initdb uses $PGLIB/plpgsql__DLSUFFIX__ to test if it
>     is there  and  then  runs  the  appropriate  queries  against
>     template1. Same for PL/Tcl.
>     If  anyone  agrees we can get rid of these mklang.sql scripts
>     totally.

Well, I hate to be a party-pooper, but I don't agree: I like having
the flexibility of installing plpgsql into just selected databases.
If it's automatically included into template1 then I no longer have
any choice in the matter.

Perhaps this could be driven by a configuration switch?