Re: Packaging 7.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Packaging 7.1.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> As to why all these files aren't part of the source tree, well, unless
> there was a large cry for it to happen, I don't believe it should.
> PostgreSQL is very platform-agnostic -- and I like that.  Including the
> RPM stuff as part of the Official Tarball (TM) would, IMHO, slant that
> agnostic stance in a negative way.

Seems like that stuff should be in CVS somewhere ... if only so someone
else can pick up the ball if you get run over by a truck :-(.

If it's just a small amount of code, I don't see what the harm would be
in including it in the regular distro, though we should talk about just
where it should go.  If it's a large amount of code then perhaps a
separate CVS project would be better, so that people who have no use for
it don't end up pulling/downloading it.