Re: A question about wording in messages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A question about wording in messages
Date
Re: A question about wording in messages
List pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> I saw the following message recently modified.
>> This controls the maximum distance we can read ahead in the WAL to prefetch referenced data blocks.
> Maybe the "we" means "PostgreSQL program and you" but I see it
> somewhat out of place.

+1, I saw that today and thought it was outside our usual style.
The whole thing is awfully verbose for a GUC description, too.
Maybe

"Maximum distance to read ahead in WAL to prefetch data blocks."