Re: Logging functions executed by queries in 8.2? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Logging functions executed by queries in 8.2?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> In recent versions, we've changed the logging of function executions so
> that only the function call is logged, and not any of the queries which it
> may execute internally.  While most of the time this method is superior
> for performance analysis, in applications with extensive multi-line stored
> procedures sometimes you want to log each individual query.

ISTM that the wave of the future for this is an instrumentation plug-in,
not further kluging of the query logging functionality.  I had the
impression that Korry and EDB had some prototype capability in that
direction already, and surely it shouldn't be that hard to write if not.