Re: initdb - creating clusters - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb - creating clusters
Date
List pgsql-docs
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 11 Jul 2020, at 23:36, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> +  For example, there may be special scripts for creating a database
>> +  cluster.  There almost certainly will be a mechanism for starting
>> +  the server,

> Aren't we really talking about "running the server as a service" and not just
> starting it?  Perhaps thats hair-splitting territory?

Yeah, but that terminology might itself be a bit platform-specific.
I considered giving specific examples, like systemd unit files,
but was afraid that that'd just confuse people on other platforms.
Not sure what the best way to approach this is.

            regards, tom lane