Re: MATERIALIZED VIEW not showing MATERIALIZED in SQL pane - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Paragon Corporation
Subject Re: MATERIALIZED VIEW not showing MATERIALIZED in SQL pane
Date
List pgadmin-support
Materialized views is a new feature in PostgreSQL 9.3, so you won't see it available until the next EDB release and PostgreSQL releases.  Gathering from pg advocacy emails, I'm guessing they are planning to release 9.3 sometime in September or October.

From: Richard D Levine [mailto:Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 11:38 AM
To: Neel Patel
Cc: Paragon Corporation; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org; pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] MATERIALIZED VIEW not showing MATERIALIZED in SQL pane

I can find no reference in any Postgres or EnterpriseDB documentation to MATERIALIZED VIEW.  Are you using pgAdmin with a different DB engine?  I'm confused.  I would also love to have materialized views.

Inactive hide details for Neel Patel ---08/16/2013 01:19:01 AM---Hi, I have checked with latest master branch code and i am notNeel Patel ---08/16/2013 01:19:01 AM---Hi, I have checked with latest master branch code and i am not able to reproduce the issue.

Neel Patel <neel.patel@enterprisedb.com>

Paragon Corporation <lr@pcorp.us>

pgadmin-support@postgresql.org

08/16/2013 01:19 AM

Re: [pgadmin-support] MATERIALIZED VIEW not showing MATERIALIZED in SQL pane

    Sent by:

pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org

Hi,

I have checked with latest master branch code and i am not able to reproduce the issue.

I have followed the below steps in Ubuntu 10.04 and windows 7 64 bit.

1. Create the Materialized View with below commands.

            CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW m_test AS SELECT generate_series(1,10);

2. Check the SQL Pane window it shows the below output for me which is correct.

            -- Materialized View: m_test

            -- DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW m_test;

            CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW m_test AS
             SELECT generate_series(1, 10) AS generate_series
            WITH DATA;

            ALTER TABLE m_test
             OWNER TO postgres;

-- Are you using the installers or binary compiled with latest source code ? If using the installers then can you please check with latest source code and follow the same steps to reproduce it.

-- Are you able to see the Materialized View icon under the "Views" node ?

Thanks,
Neel Patel