Re: [NOVICE] Where is PostgreSQL root directory? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Where is PostgreSQL root directory?
Date
Re: [NOVICE] Where is PostgreSQL root directory?  ("Just E. Mail" <justemail@imwell-usa.com>)
List pgadmin-support
"Just E. Mail" <justemail@imwell-usa.com> writes:
> Now I am trying to install "pgAdmin" (having already installed
> wxWigets). When I issue the "./configure" command to install "pgAdmin",
> I get an error message saying that it can't find the PostgreSQL and that
> I should use the --with-pgsql=DIR command.

You'd only run configure if you were trying to install pgAdmin from
source; and I suppose what it wants is the root of the Postgres
source tree, which you haven't got because you didn't install Postgres
from source.  I'd suggest finding an RPM packaging of pgAdmin instead.

            regards, tom lane