Re: Getting to 9.3 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting to 9.3 beta
Date
Re: Getting to 9.3 beta  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: Getting to 9.3 beta  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Getting to 9.3 beta  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Our final 9.3 commit-fest has has exceeded the two-month mark, so it is
> time to start targeting a date to close it and get to 9.3 beta.  I see
> 25 items will needing attention before we can close it:

>     https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=17

> What is a reasonable timeframe to target for completion of these items?

TBH, once Andrew commits the JSON patch, I wouldn't have a problem with
moving all the rest to Returned With Feedback or the next CF.  None of
the others seem to me to be close-to-committable (with the possible
exception of the Max LSN patch, which I've not looked at), and April is
not the time to be doing development.

Next week is going to be tied up with the back-branch releases, but
maybe we could target beta for the week after?  The main gating factor
at this point really would be how quickly we could write some draft
release notes, so people know what to test.