Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option (patch) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option (patch)
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> A prototype patch is posted to -patches, which is WORK IN PROGRESS.
> [This patch matches discussion thread on -hackers.]

What does this accomplish other than adding syntactic sugar over a
feature that really doesn't work well anyway?  I don't see any point
in encouraging people to use commit_delay in its present form.  If we
had a portable solution for millisecond-or-so waits then maybe it would
work ...

            regards, tom lane