Re: [pgadmin-support] Am I hallucinating, or are the pgAdmindevelopers insane? Or am I? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] Am I hallucinating, or are the pgAdmindevelopers insane? Or am I?
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 14/06/17 15:45, grekloedlc@tutanota.com wrote:
> I asked, very politely, about the whole situation. I didn't get any
> sensible replies at all -- only a bunch of irrelevant, weird nonsense
> from people who clearly didn't even read what I had written.
>
> Then somebody else asks a similar question and gets tons of replies, but
> again, everyone just ignores the fundamental problem: WHY is pgAdmin so
> insanely slow to begin with?! What's the problem? Even pgAdmin III is
> very slow for no reason, but v4 isn't enen possible to use at all.
>
> Why would it EVER take longer than half a second at the very most, when
> the network is completely bogged down with traffic, to connect, and to
> fetch the full table structures so that these can be displayed instantly
> by the user clicking them right away? Why? It's almost no data at all to
> transfer. What am I missing?
>
> Are you all insane? Why are you ignoring that the program is unusable?
> Why do both the developers AND the users seem to pretend that this isn't
> the case? Am *I* insane and just hallucinating this?

To be fair, I only skimmed the recent thread about the slowness of
pgAdmin on Windows, but there does seem to be a lot of work going into
that specific problem at the moment - see Dave's recent posts (today). From what I gather it seems to boil down to an
issuewith a Qt

component on Windows only, rather than being an issue in pgAdmin itself.

I'd suggest going back an reading that thread; it may give yuo some comfort.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie