Re: test/modules/test_oat_hooks vs. debug_discard_caches=1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: test/modules/test_oat_hooks vs. debug_discard_caches=1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> On 11/19/22 14:51, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 2022-11-19 Sa 05:34, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>> I wonder if it'd make sense to have some simple & optional alerting
>>> based on how long ago the machine reported the last result. Send e-mail
>>> if there was no report for a month or so would be enough.

>> This has been part of the buildfarm for a very long time. See the alerts
>> section of the config file.

> I don't think alerting from the client would catch those cases, but
> maybe it's a rare issue and I'm overthinking it.

Those alerts are sent by the buildfarm server, not the client.

That has a failure mode of its own: if an animal goes down hard,
the server is left with its last-seen alert setup.  The only
way to not get nagged permanently is to ask Andrew to intervene
manually.  (Ask me how I know.)