Re: test/modules/test_oat_hooks vs. debug_discard_caches=1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: test/modules/test_oat_hooks vs. debug_discard_caches=1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/19/22 14:51, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2022-11-19 Sa 05:34, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if it'd make sense to have some simple & optional alerting
>> based on how long ago the machine reported the last result. Send e-mail
>> if there was no report for a month or so would be enough.
>

> This has been part of the buildfarm for a very long time. See the alerts
> section of the config file.

I'm aware of that, but those alerts are not quite what I was asking
about. Imagine the run gets stuck for whatever reason (like infinite
loop somewhere), or maybe the VM fails / gets inaccessible for whatever
reason, perhaps because of some sort of human error so that the cron
does not get run ...

I don't think alerting from the client would catch those cases, but
maybe it's a rare issue and I'm overthinking it.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company