Re: postgres_fdw: perform UPDATE/DELETE .. RETURNING on a join directly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgres_fdw: perform UPDATE/DELETE .. RETURNING on a join directly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 5:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Ping?  We're still seeing those failures on jaguarundi.

> This is another patch that got past me.  Committed now.

> I'd be lying if I said I was filled with confidence that this was
> going to fix it, but I don't know what to do other than keep tinkering
> with it until we find something that works.

The buildfarm news on this isn't very good; jaguarundi seems happier,
but we've seen intermittent failures on four other critters since
this went in.

The idea of disabling autovacuum seems reasonable to me, but perhaps
it needs to be done to more of the tables.