Re: duplicated tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: duplicated tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> yesterday, testing GIN fast update with CVS HEAD I was able to crash backend
> (Teodor already fixed the problem in 0.25 version of the patch)
> and after restarting backend I found duplicated tables.
> How this can be possible and is this what somebody can see after crash ?

That doesn't look like duplicated tables so much as duplicated
pg_namespace rows --- try doing \d's query by hand and adding display
of pg_class.ctid and pg_namespace.ctid.  However, if that theory is
correct then the next question is what you were doing to pg_namespace...