Re: Infinity bsearch crash on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Infinity bsearch crash on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> A 9.1Beta1 test report from Richard Broersma (and confirmed on another
> system by Mark Watson) showed up pgsql-testers this week at
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-testers/2011-05/msg00000.php with
> the following test crashing his Windows server every time:

> SELECT 'INFINITY'::TIMESTAMP;

Hmm ... I bet this is related to the recent reports about ALTER USER
VALID UNTIL 'infinity' crashing on Windows.  Can the people seeing this
get through the regression tests?  Perhaps more to the point, what is
their setting of TimeZone?  What does the pg_timezone_abbrevs view show
for them?