Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaul Dar
Subject Re: Best way to load test a postgresql server
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Peter,

I was looking for the same recently, and my answer is as follows:

1. If you want to test the H/W and configuration of your DBMS then you can use the pgbench tool (which uses a specific built-in DB+schema, following the TPC benchmark).

2. If you want to load test your own specific DB then I am unaware of any such tools. I ended up using JMeter with the JDBC connector for Postgresql. It took me a while to get it configured and running, but I now think JMeter is excellent. I suggest you use JMeter 2.3.2, as I upgraded to 2.3.3 and it seems to have a bug with JDBC connection to Postgres.

-- Shaul