Re: [pgsql-www] Please remove onerous /^\s*config\b/i body filter. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Please remove onerous /^\s*config\b/i body filter.
Date
List pgsql-www
> * Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
>> It triggers on all git generated patches for files config/ (due to
>> automatically included diffstat).  And it's hardly an uncommon thing to
>> start a line with in general, newline wrapped emails being what they
>> are.  I plan to send a fair number of patches for things in these
>> directories, and I'd like to avoid getting continually trapped in the
>> filter and/or actively munging content to not trigger the system.

> +1, I'd rather not have to approve all of those..  I don't recall the
> last time I saw an actual spam or garbage email caught by that filter
> either.

The one that bites me from time to time is the one for '^\s*sub'.
I assume that's meant to reject misdirected "subscribe" requests,
but (1) it catches way too many other words, and (2) when was the
last time anybody really tried to subscribe that way?
        regards, tom lane