Re: Add statistics_collector_listen_addresses to fix hard-coding of "localhost" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add statistics_collector_listen_addresses to fix hard-coding of "localhost"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Excerpts from Robert Young's message of vie oct 28 11:47:14 -0300 2011:
>> I just migrate some services from one machine to another but database
>> stay there.
>> So, I think the most simple solution is to change “localhost” point to
>> the new one, so that I need no modification of client applications.
>> But found PG gave warnings.

> I'm surprised that your conclusion was that the path of least resistance
> was submitting a patch to Postgres.  Surely patching the apps would have
> been a lot easier.

The fundamental problem with that kluge (and yes, it's a kluge) is that
it supposes that you migrated EVERY local service to the other machine.
Which, obviously, you did not.

            regards, tom lane