Re: unable to install tsearch2 on PostgreSQL 8.3.7 successfully - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unable to install tsearch2 on PostgreSQL 8.3.7 successfully
Date
List pgsql-hackers
l0rins <ahmedadel_109@yahoo.com> writes:
> In version 8.1, tsearch2.sql contained SQL statements to create 4 pg_ts_*
> tables: pg_ts_cfg, pg_ts_dict, ... and populate them with data. These
> statements are missing in tsearch2.sql 8.3.7 version. So, I'm getting:
> ERROR:  relation "pg_ts_*" does not exist when trying to run tsearch
> statements on version 8.3.2.

You need to read the documentation --- 8.3's text search facility
is quite a lot different from previous releases, and contrib/tsearch2
is now just a compatibility layer that does not fully hide the
differences.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch-migration.html