Re: WIP: Secure Transport support as OpenSSL alternative on macOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: Secure Transport support as OpenSSL alternative on macOS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 5:36 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> The main questions raised here are: is it of interest to support multiple SSL
>> libraries given the additional support burden and; is supporting Secure
>> Transport of any interest or is it a wasted effort to continue towards a full
>> frontend/backend/doc submission?

> I think this is highly worthwhile.  I wish we could interest someone
> in doing the work for Windows ... but I'm a macOS user myself, so I'll
> be happy to have you fix my future compile problems for me.

"Future"?  Apple isn't even shipping the OpenSSL headers anymore, and
I imagine soon no libraries either.  We really have got little choice
on that platform but to do something with Secure Transport.  I'm glad
somebody is taking up the task.