Re: NOCREATETABLE patch (was: Re: Please, help!(about Postgres)) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: NOCREATETABLE patch (was: Re: Please, help!(about Postgres))
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Can someone remind me what we are going to do with this?

I'd like to see some effort put into implementing the SQL-standard
privilege model, rather than adding yet more ad-hoc user properties.
The more of these we make, the more painful it's going to be to meet
the spec later.

Possibly, after we have the SQL semantics we'll still feel that we
need some additional features ... but how about spec first and
extensions afterwards?