Re: Copy function syntax on 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Copy function syntax on 8.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Mike G." <mike@thegodshalls.com> writes:
> On the non windows platforms you can issue the copy statement and the file path syntax is exactly the same as if you
werechanging directories in a shell.  No special escaping or syntax is needed.
> It would be nice if the same could be done for those forced to use windows.

Well, that's one reason why we are migrating towards backslashes not
being special in strings.  It's going to take awhile to get there,
though, because we can't just change it without a lot of advance notice.
There are too many programs that would break.

            regards, tom lane