Re: Can postgresql accept mutliple connections in the same instance? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can postgresql accept mutliple connections in the same instance?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dru <andru@treshna.com> writes:
> I am running of postgresql database servers with generally 30-50 users
> at a time per server.   I have noticed one thing for web based databases
> that they fail to initialse a pg_connection connection every now and
> again and return no error message at all.

That's fairly hard to believe.  I don't know of any failure paths that
won't log some traceable result *somewhere* --- if nothing gets returned
to the client, try looking in syslog or stderr output (you're not
sending postmaster stderr to /dev/null I hope), or at worst look for a
core dump file.