Re: No checksums please - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No checksums please
Date
Re: No checksums please  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-www
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> Could we please turn off all the checksum stuff for the mailing lists?

Are you talking about disabling the detection of duplicate messages?
That seems like a seriously bad idea.  I personally see a number of my
own messages regurgitated every so often by various people's broken
Microsloth-hatched excuses for MTAs, and I would not like to see those
dups dumped into the mailing list again (for one thing, it only takes
a small amount more MTA breakage to turn that into a self-feeding flood).
        regards, tom lane