Re: Deployment Case Study Presentations - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From John Wang
Subject Re: Deployment Case Study Presentations
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 10/10/06, Jim C. Nasby <jim@nasby.net> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 08:34:17AM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> John Wang wrote:
>
> >http://www.dev411.com/blog/2006/10/05/mysql-deployment-presentations
> >
> >I think presentations like these make people more confident about
> >choosing and scaling with MySQL. Is there anything like these for high
> >traffic/load sites for PostgreSQL?
>
> http://images.omniti.net/omniti.com/~jesus/misc/BBPostgres.pdf

That should be added to http://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/

Thanks Lukas and Jim. The OmniTI presentation is great and along the lines that I'm looking for, presentations that are geared towards a technical audience working on deploying and adminstering the database. The documents at /about/casestudies seem more marketing oriented and less useful for someone who has to roll up his/her sleeves. I purposely did not list marketing case study material for MySQL because it's not as interesting for me at the moment. I've added a link to the OmniTI presentation but left off the marketing oriented brochures and white papers.

On a related topic, does anyone know of any high traffic Web 2.0 sites using PostgreSQL (with or without presentations)? It seems like most of the high traffc Web 2.0 sites use MySQL. It would be good to know if PostgreSQL is deployed in situations with similar load profiles.

--
John Wang
http://www.dev411.com/blog/