Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> writes:
> On 09/02/2014 14:10, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 02/09/2014 01:12 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> we should have get rid of dlltool on cygwin.
>>> At least it is not used on my build

>> The send in a patch. The patch you sent in previously did not totally
>> remove it IIRC.

> attached patch versus latest git.

I've committed this with some fixes.  However, I omitted the hunks that
change the names of generated shared libraries (to add SO_MAJOR_VERSION).
I think that requires some policy discussion around whether we want to
do it or not, and in any case it's unrelated to the issues being discussed
in this thread.  If you still want that, please submit it as a separate
patch in a new thread, with some discussion as to why it's a good idea.