Re: OK, that's one LOCALE bug report too many... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: OK, that's one LOCALE bug report too many...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane writes:
>> Possible compromise: let initdb accept en_US, but have it spit out a
>> warning message:

> I certainly don't like treating en_US specially, when in fact all locales
> are affected by this.

Well, my thought was that another locale, say en_FR, would be far more
likely to be something that the system's user had explicitly chosen to
use at some point, and thus there's less reason to suppose that he
doesn't know what he's getting into.  However, I have no objection to
printing such a complaint whenever the locale is one that will defeat
LIKE optimization --- how does that sound?