Re: errcodes.h and others not generated when compiling 13.6 on M1 Mac - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: errcodes.h and others not generated when compiling 13.6 on M1 Mac
Date
List pgsql-general
Sam Kidman <sam@fresho.com> writes:
> Ok, so apparently it's something wrong with our environments? Is it
> possible something is failing silently? Any tips for how to troubleshoot?

Apparently so, but it's not very clear what.  You didn't answer as to
what your build environment is, eg do you have any MacPorts or Homebrew
packages in play.  The missing files are supposed to be generated by
Perl scripts, so I'm wondering if you have a broken Perl installation.
Apple's standard Perl works fine for this, which is why I'm suspicious
that you've got some other Perl installed that for some reason is
less fine.

> BTW I'm not doing anything special when compiling, just git checkout
> REL_13_6, ./configure, ./make (unless I am doing something wrong there?)

That's about what you need, yes.

> Also the README.md makes mention of an INSTALL file that contains
> instructions about prerequisites for compilation but I couldn't find it in
> the repository.

?? There's no README.md in our git tree.  There's no INSTALL there
either, because it's a generated file.  But it's just a flat text
version of the same installation instructions I pointed you to before:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/installation.html

            regards, tom lane