Re: VACUUM vs VACUUM ANALYZE vs CLUSTER - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: VACUUM vs VACUUM ANALYZE vs CLUSTER
Date
List pgsql-novice
Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net> writes:
>> Feel free to submit suggested documentation patches...

> Sure.  Is the HTML the documentation source format as well, or is there
> some SGML or something else that I should create patches against?

SGML is the source format.  The doc sources are included in our source
tarballs.

> BTW, you mentioned PostgreSQL 7.2.  I assume you were just pointing out
> that you can ANALYZE independently of a VACUUM in 7.2,

Yes...

> rather than recommending its use in a hard-working production environment?

Er, what?  Depending on your situation, I think a separate ANALYZE might
be useful in production.

> Last thing... any chance that CLUSTER will learn some time soon to
> automatically recreate my indeces and grants for me? :-)

It's on the TODO list.  Dunno when someone will get around to it.

            regards, tom lane