So what is the current documentation status? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject So what is the current documentation status?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I need to make some more updates to the libpq documentation, and I'm
confused (again) about whether to work on libpq.sgml or libpq.3.
The last I heard libpq.3 was the primary doco, but I find that
yesterday someone stuck this notice on it:

: Current documentation for this topic is available in the new
: Programmer's Guide chapter on libpq.  This man page is obsolete, though
: in sync with the Programmer's Guide as of 1998/08/15.

which I'd be willing to believe if it weren't an evident falsehood
(the files are NOT in sync).  Do I have to do the syncing?  Or should
I just wait for the docs crew to do whatever they're planning to do?