Re: 7.3b3 passes on MacOSX 10.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3b3 passes on MacOSX 10.2.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I said:
> Peter Bierman <bierman@apple.com> writes:
>> Perhaps the change from gcc2.x to 3.x changed floats a bit?

> Could be.  We had previous reports of the same diff on OSX 10.2 with
> a G4 processor, so I was wondering if it was hardware or software
> differences (geometry-powerpc-darwin.out matches exactly on my G3
> laptop running OSX 10.1).  I have a 10.2 CD and am planning to update
> sometime soon to verify this by experiment.

I have done the update and now I get the "...40473" output on the same
hardware that useta pass.  So it's clearly a software-version issue.

Is it worth carrying two expected files for OS X 10.1 and 10.2?  I'm
inclined to think not, and am leaning towards updating the expected
file.  Comments?