Re: 7.3b3 passes on MacOSX 10.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3b3 passes on MacOSX 10.2.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Bierman <bierman@apple.com> writes:
> Ok. After upgrading to bison-1.75, all regression tests pass except:
> *** ./expected/geometry-powerpc-darwin.out      Mon Dec 11 08:45:16 2000

> Perhaps the change from gcc2.x to 3.x changed floats a bit?

Could be.  We had previous reports of the same diff on OSX 10.2 with
a G4 processor, so I was wondering if it was hardware or software
differences (geometry-powerpc-darwin.out matches exactly on my G3
laptop running OSX 10.1).  I have a 10.2 CD and am planning to update
sometime soon to verify this by experiment.  Or, if you can confirm
that you had passes before on the same hardware you're using, we could
conclude that it's the OS update that counts.

In any case, what's the output from config.guess on your machine?