Re: Incorrect Syntax in Function Syntax diagram - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Incorrect Syntax in Function Syntax diagram
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 6:31 AM PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org>
> wrote:
> Please separate the [ NOT ] LEAKPROOF from the OR list

> I would agree, and would add that I wonder whether the syntax for the three
> mutually exclusive options should be shown as such instead of having to
> read that in the description notes.  Does writing < | { IMMUTABLE | STABLE
> | VOLATILE } > work?

Yeah.  The way it's written fails to show, except via formatting,
that IMMUTABLE/STABLE/VOLATILE are mutually exclusive; and then
somebody came along and destroyed the formatting.  I agree both
with adding braces and with putting LEAKPROOF on its own line.
The latter is/should be only cosmetic; but the rest of the list
has one line per independent option, and LEAKPROOF is surely
independent of the volatility options.

            regards, tom lane