Re: reloptions with a "namespace" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reloptions with a "namespace"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Well, you could still have separate productions that did or didn't allow
>> qualified names there (or perhaps better, have the code in
>> functioncmds.c reject qualified names).  I think the use of two different
>> node types is going to result in duplicate coding and/or bugs deeper in
>> the system, however.

> I think what drove me away from that (which I certainly considered at
> some point) was the existance of OptionDefElem.  Maybe it would work to
> make RelOptElem similar to that, i.e. have a char *namespace and a
> DefElem?

OptionDefElem?  [ click click grep grep ]

Hmm, I can see that there was more than one round of dubious decisions
made while I was looking the other way :-(.  I'm thinking maybe all
three of these should be folded together.  Let me think about it a
bit more --- since I'm the one complaining, I guess it should be on
my head to fix it.